I’m back, y’all! I hope you had an amazing and refreshing holiday season. I know I really enjoyed all my time away from the computer and spending time with loved ones. But I missed blogging quite a bit and am ready to get back at it. So, let’s catch up a little, shall we?
1. Winter is in full swing here in Colorado, but at least we still have plenty of sunny days – the perfect remedy to the cold, in my personal opinion. That and a lot of tea (obviously). In fact, it’s been almost warm here lately few days, teasing us with a taste of springtime that I know won’t actually be here to stay until May. But a few warmish days are better than none, right? I’m always pretty much over winter after Christmas.
2. I spent Christmas at my childhood home, the last one we’ll have there, since my parents are moving in the spring. We moved in when I was eight, so I definitely have many, many cherished memories there.
3. More on this tomorrow, but exploring downtown Chicago has to be one of my favorite things, and a highlight of every trip home. Especially when I’m with one of my favorite people and the weather is unseasonably pleasant.
4. Is that little llama ornament not the cutest? Spotted at West Elm while I was shooting the Eat Drink Create Holiday video back in early December! P.S. Keep an eye out for that video, it’s coming out this week!
5. We ended the break with a little traveling to sunny Cailfornia and spent a week in Palm Desert with my family. Not a place I would have picked to vacation, honestly, but I needed the chill time more than I expected. Nothing does the body good like a few days by the pool, am I right? Also, running outside without freezing my butt off was a major plus.
I’ll be sharing more throughout January about my intentions and hopes and dreams for 2014 (it’s gonna be big, y’all), but for now, catch me up on your holiday season! What was your favorite thing about the little break we had?