As I mentioned on Tuesday, this was my first Alt (actually, my first conference ever!) and I will admit that packing + planning for the trip was almost as exciting as actually going! Anyone else feel that way? One of the best parts of travel is the dreaming, I think.
You’ll be seeing more from me in the “what I actually wore” department, but I decided to split it up in to a few posts + spread them out so that we don’t have Alt overload here. So today I’m going to mention a few things that I was SO glad I packed (and a few I wish I would have).
1. Seriously, the most valuable thing I packed was a water bottle. This one by BKR is glass with a silicone sleeve + I got tons of compliments on it at the conference. Hydration is super important, especially when you’re going like crazy + talking your head off all day. Honestly, I’m horrible about drinking water unless I have it in front of me constantly…so this was a perfect solution.
2. Nothing says blogger like a bold lip, am I right? Alt is the place for fashion choices you can’t get away with in real life, and rocking a bright red lip at my home office rarely happens. Maybe it should happen more? I went au-natural in the lip department at Alt and in retrospect, I’m a little bummed I didn’t step it up!
3. Speaking of things that say blogger…I did not pack this print. But I AM going to hang it in my office because I kind of love it (and the girl who designed it). In some ways, being at Alt was a little bit like make-believe…I saw so many things in person that I had only seen on blogs (like sequin pants) and I fell in love with the blogging community again. Because it is a wonderful + supportive group to be a part of.
4. You end up carrying around a lot of stuff during the conference, but for the evening sessions (read: parties) I decided to go with this smaller clutch. Perfect size for some business cards + a phone.
5. And as far as a phone goes, I managed to last all day on one charge. But that’s because I was completely out of cellular data + didn’t want overage fees + the wifi was overwhelmed with too many people trying to use it. So if you’re the kind that wants to take tons of photos + sit on social media all day following the #altsummit hashtag, a little extra juice probably isn’t a bad idea. This battery pack by ban.do is pretty much the cutest.
What are some of your packing essentials?