January slipped by with surprising speed, and also an incredible number of beautiful days, though I’ve now grown a bit tired of layers upon layers of sweaters. Winter days lend themselves to slowness, either way. Here’s some prettiness that I’ve collected over the past few weeks:
1. Sunday morning was meant for staying in bed. I love that we have our church on Saturday night so all day Sunday can be a lazy day of rest.
2. Last weekend I ran the second race in Pike’s Peak Road Runners Winter Series – the farthest I’ve run in far too long. It was perfect running weather, 50 & overcast.
3. Spent some time crafting this bit of loveliness with a friend. Always find an excuse to do arts & crafts.
4. I mean, honestly. And I’m not even a cat person.
5. Holed up at one of my favorite Starbucks for some work time this weekend – there are big projects in the works, but big projects always seem to come with a lot of little tedious steps. Getting there slowly.
6. A few of my favorite things: the Art Institute in Chicago & stained glass. Love these classics by Marc Chagall.
7. Where he hangs out every morning, watching the birds, and making huge shadows with his fluff.
Ok, I’m off for the rest of the day to eat Super Bowl food (and well, maybe actually watch some of the game?) and hang out with family.
Hope you have a week full of pretty moments!