For the last few weekends, I’ve tracked the leaf-changing colors here in Colorado and we’ve made drives up into the mountains to check it out. Peak season is over now in most of the state (at high-altitude, it only lasts a week or so!) but there is still plenty of awesome fall glory to enjoy. So if you’re planning on taking a trip to see the changing colors, whether here in Colorado or somewhere else, here are a few of my favorite essentials that would pack well, fall road trip style.
1. So this guy isn’t exactly a necessity for a leaf-watching drive, but he is totally awesome in every way and would look great on the wall – am I right?
2. I snatched up this ridiculously cozy flannel last week and am totally smitten. Everybody needs some fall flannel and it’s perfect for an adventure into the mountains to check out the changing colors – a light layer that’s still warm and cozy.
3. It’s that time of year when things get drier and especially in Colorado, the cooler weather means you need a little extra moisture. I love J.R. Watkins, and this hand lotion is citrusy and travel-sized! Definitely adventure-qualified.
4. Another quintessentially fall staple for me would be the moccasin – ideal for walking through crunching leaves, putting your feet up on the dashboard and aspen forest adventuring.
5. And of course, what scenic drive would be complete without a way to capture all the memories? This little camera is on my wishlist.