Ah, SO much to be thankful for this week. Like being back in my house after a week of craziness. So so thankful.
1. This was the sky Tuesday afternoon, when the Waldo Canyon fire crossed the ridge and evacuated the entire west side of Colorado Springs. Yeah, that’s the sun.
2. I wore this three days out of the last seven. Also, I found a willow tree. In Colorado.
3. Whole family squished on a couch. Never have I been more thankful for my bed.
4. My coping mechanism of choice. I don’t think I’ve ever had so much Starbucks in a week – or coffee for that matter.
5. Nothing like a meal cooked in your own kitchen. And vegetables. I was not made for a fast food diet.
6. Watching the sunset through a restaurant window and the shadows were doing fun things.
7 & 8. The smoke cleared enough on Thursday for us to get some outside time at a playground. Good for the soul.
Thanks to our great friends who made this week as smooth as possible, to all the emergency workers in Colorado who have fought and continue to fight to get these fires put out and people back home. This has been an insane experience – but more than anything I am overwhelmed with the care people have for each other and how many things, even in the midst of insanity, that we can truly be thankful for.
(Find me on instagram : @bellatheball)